Friday, March 18, 2011

London

So my first blog idea came to me while I was going through my friend Anneli's blog, where she mentions that she's going to London and wanted some ideas on what to do.
Last summer I spent a little time in London, seeing some of the sights, so this post is to show some of my favorite things to do your first time in London! Enjoy

1. The London Sea Life Aquarium

The London Sea Life Aquarium is located inside London County Hall. Just over the bridge from Big Ben, and the entrance to the Westminster train station.
The London Aquarium is the home of:

* 1000s of creatures in over 2 million litres of water
* 500 species from every part of the world
* More than 40 sharks from 12 different species
* 65 displays with 30 species of plants and foliage
* 14 themed zones over 3 floors

Link



2. The London Eye


The construction of the London Eye was started in 1998, and in March 2000 it first opened to the public. The London Eye is a 135 metres tall, making it the 4th tallest structure in London. Since it's opening in 2000, over 40 million people have taken a trip on The Eye. It's an absolute incredile MUST SEE experience when you visit London. Even I who has a slight fear of heights, enjoyed the experience immensely. Also with this trip you usually get a ticket to see a short 4D movie at the ticket office for The London Eye.


3. The London Eye River Cruise

The London Eye River Cruise is one of my favorite parts of my London experience.
The river cruise takes you on a guided tour up and down the river Thames, telling you the story about the amazing bridges and building of London. It's not just an amazing view, but also a very informative trip.


4. Madame Tussauds
I am pretty sure that everyone have heard about the exclusive Madame Tussauds Wax Cabinet. This is a pretty cool experience, and I'm slightly expecting to find out that some of those dolls weren't dolls at all. One thing I have to say tho, and I can't stress this more, wear really comfy shoes for this, because if you want to be able to enjoy it all, you'll need good shoes. Also when I went to Madame Tussauds they showed a 4D short marvell movie, wich in my oppinion was the best part. 4D experience is just incredible. It's everything from someone poking you in your back, to water splashing on your face, bugs crawling on the floor... It's just incredible!
Link



5. The London Dungeons

This is pretty much my absolute favorite thing to see in London. The London Dungons is a travle through the dark history of London. Putting you face to face with Jack the Ripper, Sweeny Todd, The Great Fire, and you might even get executed... So if you like to be scared... The London Dungeons is definately for you. I must also add that I was very scared to go to the London Dungeons, and I changed my mind about wether I should go or not, like 100 times. But in the end I'm so glad I did. It's an experience I'll remember the rest of my life I'm sure.
Link


6. Themeparks
For those of you who like theme parks, I've chosen a couple to put on my page. I've not yet gone to any of these myself, but hoping I will get a trip to Thorpe Park during the summer.

a. Thorpe Park
http://www.thorpepark.com/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thorpe_Park

b. Alton Towers
http://www.altontowers.com/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alton_Towers

c. Chessington World of Adventures
http://www.chessington.com/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chessington_World_of_Adventures

No comments:

Post a Comment